Top 10 Resources to Find DevOps Service Companies
Fast delivery of high-quality software is the top line of any IT business leader's wishlist. To meet this goal, many organizations either adopted DevOps or made a couple of steps in the direction of implementing this hot-trend methodology. What’s the reason? The 2020 DevOps Trends Survey revealed that 99% of 500 developers and IT specialists responded that DevOps greatly improved their performance. They obtained new skills, produced better outcomes, and significantly sped up product release. However, DevOps realization is not a piece of cake, pretty often organizations instead of anticipated faster software delivery and cost-optimization get delays and unreasonable spending. Why? This can happen only if DevOps was implemented incorrectly. You need a well-planned strategy of DevOps implementation designed and provided by experienced DevOps experts. All too often IT organizations, especially small businesses or startups get DevOps services from mature DevOps companies. Here are the main questions then: How can I find a great DevOps service company and how can I know that it is suitable for my organization? Here we will tell you how!
Why do you need DevOps-as-a-service?
Back in 2009, when the term “DevOps” was mentioned for the first time it implied a cultural shuffle that was supposed to unite development and IT operations teams. In practice, we have different scenarios for DevOps implementation which are disclosed in detail here. But the main point is that DevOps is mostly a collection of experiences and practices aiming to automate all the processes that help boost output and deliver first-rate software more frequently. With DevOps you get:
- Rapid and more frequent delivery. With DevOps, which definitely means CI/CD pipelines designing and automation, the software development processes are streamlined at most. As a result, products are delivered faster.
- Reduced costs. Although DevOps implementation requires significant investments, the revenue increases with time and operational costs do become lower.
- Increased recovery time. With CI/CD automation, developers are quickly notified about any errors happening and rapidly take actions to correct them.
- Higher efficiency and productivity. With DevOps methodology developers and system administrators notably upgrade their professional skills. With toil eliminated, teams are focused on more creative tasks and product quality improvements.
The past 10+ years placed Devops on the top list of extremely wanted approaches for any IT company. At the same time, many companies have admitted that DevOps adoption and implementation can be a very difficult and overwhelming procedure. For most SMBs and startups that experience a lack of skilled DevOps specialists, it’s very hard and costly to grow the in-door DevOps team. If it’s your case, we strongly recommend turning to competent DevOps companies that provide DevOps services.
How to choose the best suited DevOps-as-a-service company
Once you decide you need a reliable DevOps service company before you dive deeply into the long list of vendors, you need to ensure that the selection process will be successful. Here is what has to be done before you start looking for a trustworthy tech partner for your business:
- Define the processes you need to upgrade with DevOps-as-a-service. Set realistic goals and clear KPI’s. A great idea would be to match your particular goals with the DevOps service provider’s expertise.
- Inspect the tech expertise. DevOps outsourcing companies might have different specializations such as in single or multi-cloud solutions, cloud migration, or security infrastructure designing and implementation. Choose the one that covers your specific needs.
- Consider the tech stack DevOps service company has experience working with: AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK, etc.
- Pay attention to the company’s portfolio, and choose a provider with a proven record of successful projects.
- Mediate a win-win contract that covers all crucial aspects of the forthcoming partnership.
How to find the best suited DevOps-as-a-service company
So, the decision to address your organization’s needs to mature DevOps professionals is taken. You’ve already defined what exactly needs to be done and how. Well, the time for these questions has come: “What sources can I use to find the most fitting for my organization DevOps-as-a-service company? How can I get information about it?” Apart from delving deeply into Google search and Forbes Cloud 100 list, you can reach out to trustworthy websites that assemble ratings which basically is a collection of genuine feedback on a company’s work.
One of such independent services that receive honest reviews from unbiased reviewers is Clutch. co. Clutch is a self-sufficient platform that collects impartial customer reviews of every company that is listed on the site. They conduct in-depth interviews with customers and buyers about the quality of their interactions with each registered Clutch company. Based on the collected data, Clutch forms a fair rating of all firms. What’s more, Clutch categorizes companies by their geographic location, area of expertise, and concentrates on thoroughly revised skills.
One more source you can turn to is the GoodFirms research platform that helps software service seekers to decide on the best company. At the same time, GoodFirms helps IT service companies improve user acquisition statistics, market share, and brand awareness.
Plus, you can always get all the necessary information on specialized websites like Hackernoon, Medium, or Hacker News where professionals post their expert articles including their opinions on service companies they have encountered.
How to inspect DevOps-as-a-service company
Once you’ve found a DevOps-as-a-service company, or you are still deciding between a couple of them, you can reach out to one of these market research firms that produce company reports.
- ICD Research publishes thousands of company profiles that contain in-depth information and data about the company and its operations, such as major products and services, financial ratios, and key employees.
- GlobalData. GlobalData publishes different types of company profiles: some provide a concise strategic SWOT analysis and financial review, while others are more extensive and outline specific pipeline products in development and ongoing clinical trials.
- MarketLine. MakeLike’s reports are designed to provide a 360-degree view of the company and may include a detailed SWOT analysis, strategy case studies, and merger and acquisition deals.
- Timetric. Timetric’s profile and SWOT analysis reports are designed to give you insight into the internal and external factors that could impact the industry and help you recognize potential partnerships and service providers.
- PrivCo. PrivCo aggregates information from regulatory filings, news sources, and industry resources. It refines the information using algorithms, and the results are later reviewed and checked by analysts.
- World Market Intelligence. World Market Intelligence provides the SWOT analysis for the top 10,000. It also reports quarterly and annual company financials.
- SGA ExecutiveTracker produces executive lists, plus lists key decision-makers, headquarter locations, ticker symbol, report revenues, and a number of employees for each company profiled.
With DevOps constantly growing in popularity, we get why IT organizations are eager to adopt it ASAP. However, DevOps implementation is not an easy thing to do, and it’s helpful when implemented correctly. It’s not enough to roll out some tools like Jenkins and Nagios and consider your mission done. No, it doesn’t work this way. That’s why plenty of SMBs, startups, or even big businesses rely on mature DevOps professionals that provide DevOps services. Businesses address their DevOps-related issues to outsourcing companies to reduce spending, boost efficiency and teams’ productivity. But before you do it’s a great idea to start with understanding what exactly you need, how to choose the service company, where to find it, and how to analyze its performance. We hope our tips can come in handy.